Saturday, January 10, 2009

Where the heart is


(To Lea Lipkova, forever my Princess)

If you think we’re far apart, and that everything is much too impossible for our unprepared hands and eyes, look closer, my love... If, at night, you dream of the time I used to be there lying by your side, and you resting your face on my chest, and our hands travelling through each others’ bodies, just to awake suddenly in the dark, lonely, cold, look closer... If you remember all those kisses and conversations, of holding hands in the snow and all those emotions, just look closer, hold on... Try to think of all the distance separating us as a measure of what we feel, because what we feel for each other is so real that we will not be this distant forever. It couldn’t be easy for us... Look closer! I’m in you. It’s like with real snow, I just know I will feel it over me one day...

(Photography: Banska Bystricá, Slovakia, December 26th, 2008 / Text: Coimbra, Portugal, January 10th, 2008)

© All rights reserved

No comments: