Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Postcard from Africa

Sangano, February 13th, 2007.

Darling,

If only I was a good writer to let you know what’s happening, make videos to share with you some of the beauty with which my days are filled, record a tape for you to listen the same sounds I do everyday. How I wish there was a way of letting you have some of this easily since I can’t have you here with me…

I want to tell you about the times when my breathing stops for some seconds, mostly at dusk, whenever I’m more aware of those fragile and beautiful moments and of how they won’t return to me that same way. It’s been happening to me frequently, you know? Maybe you feel the same there, and I do hope you let me know the next time I hear from you.

Frequently I caught myself staring at the waves at sunset, as seabirds fly in circles over them in search for food, and it’s like being in a trance. Immediately after I always feel your absence, every-time the same feeling. Only then I remember we’re under the same sky, we simply see it from different perspectives, like two lighthouses over the same wide bay, each of us keeping his eye on a same distant horizon.

Miss you.

Yours always.

(Photography: Sangano, Angola, February 13th, 2007 / Text: Coimbra, Portugal, June 26th, 2007)

© All rights reserved

No comments: